Tools I use and recommend
Thrive Suite: An All-in-One Toolbox for Your WordPress Website
Create an online course, set up a quiz, build your email list, capture leads and more
As I was shopping for hosting options for an online course, I discovered Thrive Apprentice, which is part of Thrive Suite. After checking out some third-party platforms and a few other alternatives, I chose Thrive Suite.
It’s the smartest decision I’ve made after I decided to create some online courses.
This all came about when my friend Kim M. Clark suggested I turn my book, The Simple Facts About Self-Publishing, into a master class. The idea was intriguing, but I thought I should start with something smaller.
I’d done some preliminary work on developing a presentation for how businesses could use Medium as a content marketing tool and decided to turn that into an online course. The result was Use Medium to Grow Your Business.
Thrive Suite provided all the tools I needed to create a course with all the elements courses offered by large companies have — and so much more. Even as I write this, I’m still exploring all the cool things Thrive Suite can do.
Here’s a brief overview of the easy-to-use tools in Thrive Suite:
- Thrive Theme Builder. Build a WordPress website.
- Thrive Architect. Create landing pages and funnels using 300+ easy-to-customize templates and Thrive’s landing pages technology.
- Thrive Leads. Create opt-in forms to build an email list.
- Thrive Quiz Builder. Build quizzes to generate leads and increase social shares and engagement.
- Thrive Apprentice. Set up online courses that you can either offer for free or put them behind a paywall and charge for them.
- Thrive Comments. Increase visitor engagement on your website by gamifying your comments section.