Spiritual Warfare in Your Business
Bristan & Latondra Heaven explain how to achieve victory in the marketplace
In a powerful roundtable presentation at the U.S. Christian Business Expo & Conference in Orlando (Oct. 2022), Bristan & Latondra Heaven addressed the issue of spiritual warfare in business.
Here are my notes:
We don’t get to vote on the rules of the Kingdom of God (it’s not a democracy). We get to partner with God to carry them out.
Take a look at your business and ask: Where is the ruling presence of Jesus?
In business, your competition is not other businesses, it’s the enemy (the devil).
When God puts an idea in your heart, don’t treat it as a common thought.
The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. (John 10:10, NLT)
Remember that the devil blesses, too. It’s how he works. What does he want?
1. Your soul.
2. Your fruit.
3. God’s glory.
Important points about spiritual warfare in business:
1. Recognize that there is a real battle and we have to declare our allegiance.
2. Where do you see the battle raging in your business? Find out which weapon is being used against you and fight back by doing the opposite. For example, if the enemy is using pride, be humble. If the enemy is telling lies, be truthful.
Four keys to fighting back:
1. Awareness. Know and be mindful of what’s happening. Don’t just pray, watch and pray.
2. Agreement. Always be in agreement with God’s truth.
3. Alignment. When we are in alignment with God, we can walk in spiritual authority.
4. Authority. Surrender to the spiritual authority of God.
But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my Father. (John 15:7–8, NLT)
Through their ministry, Kingdom REACH Leadership, Bristan and Latondra Heaven help leaders glorify Christ in the marketplace by the empowering Spirit of grace. Bristan Heaven is the author of Found: When All Seems Lost, the first book in the He Identifies Me series.